This is basically a very large foam windscreen with a permanently attached fur cover. The foam is a special acoustic polyeurathane foam with a pitch of 20 holes per inch. Unlike most other foams, polyeurothane does not deteriorate over time.
There are one or two restrictions. Handling noise can be an issue but an experienced boom person would not find this an issue. Secondly because of the large diameter of foam there is a loss of approximately 4dB at 12KHz. 6dB per octave which is easy to correct for in post.
- extremely light weight
- one size fits all microphones
- quick and easy to mount no fiddly clips, just insert your shotgun microphone from the rear
- no bayonets, screws or fiddly holders to wrestle with
- pistol grip with thread for boom pole mounting
- permanently mounted high quality fur windsock
- competitively priced
- made from special acoustic foam which is resistant to chemicals and UV light
We also offer a Rain Hat for our Soft Zeppelins.